My sister Aurora Skye and I had decided to get together a little early for our ritual celebration. I re-vamped my solitary Mabon ritual so that it would work for two people and we kept it fairly simple and intimate.
The ceremony included the usual elements ~ casting the circle, calling of the corners, invocations of the Lord and Lady, meditation, blessing of the wine and bread, etc. After which we thanked all of the deities, closed our ritual, opened the circle, and remembered to give back to the Earth.
I made a couple of head wreaths for us to wear during ritual.
In the old days after my fellow solitary friends and I would gather for sabbat rituals, we would eat, drink, talk and be merry for the remainder of the evening. These days; however, Aurora and I much preferred to spend some sister time together by hanging out and perhaps doing a little shopping. As much as I really love having a house full of friends and family, sometimes it is nice to just simply relax and enjoy the day!
)O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O( )O(


My story, to you: "An encounter with the Great God Pan among the stars."
ReplyDeleteThis might not be what you would usually be interested in, but it was my introduction to the supernatural, February 6th, 2011, Province of Québec:
After a six-hour long near-death experience (in which I entered a state of indescribable communion with the Great God Pan in his highest cosmic form, looking as if he was made of all of the stars and galaxies in the Universe), my mother told me that the first time she came to visit me at the hospital, right after surgery when I was practically comatose, she clearly heard her sister's voice in the room with us. My aunt was telling her "I'm so sorry, I was so selfish, I'm so sorry..." over and over again. That freaked my mother the hell out, so much so that she was still very deeply disturbed even a year afterwards.
I naturally DIDN'T tell her about my whole experience on the other side, the part where Pan looked at me from the corner of his eye and smiled upon me knowingly, and I then fell into his endlessly spiralling ram's horns, literally made of the fabric of the cosmos, and ended up walking down a spiral staircase made of black stone. Not a proper staircase really, simply steps made of probably onyx, floating above oblivion. After quite some time walking down the onyx steps, I found my aunt completely listless on the stairs (she had violently put an end to her life five years earlier), and she said "I'm more lost than ever, this is the Abyss, I'm more lost than ever". Without thinking, I took her hand and replied "You're not lost anymore, I've found you." She looked up, her eyes full of life again, and that was it, next thing I remember was waking up at the hospital days later.
About a month later, I was at the public library, when I noticed a tall, young, beautiful woman looking at me, smiling. She looked familiar, but I couldn't remember who she was. It suddenly hit me that she obviously was my aunt, looking as she did in my childhood, when she was in her twenties. When I turned around, she literally disappeared. I rationalized it as an unintentional "Orpheus travelling to the Underworld to rescue the soul of a loved one" sort of journey. In this day and age, for heaven's sake. I haven't seen her since. And my life now, from waking to sleep, is devoted to the mysteries of Pan.
After reading the above interesting colossal comment, I feel miniscule. Just wanted you to know I was here. Your Mabon celebration was a wonderful idea. Quiet and intimate is so meaningful. I like all the photos, especially the one with Aurora Skye and you.
ReplyDeleteJon 😸🍁
Hi, Jon! So happy to hear from you, my friend!
DeleteYou both look so beautiful in the head wreaths you made. Happy Mabon!
ReplyDeleteThank you! : - D
Delete