We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Friday, May 27, 2022

Not the "Status Quo"



Status Quo: (n.) The existing condition or state of affairs; usual


Needless to say, I have been practicing Wicca and Paganism for a very long time. One thing that I have noticed about many non-pagans (and even some who are pagan) is the perception of who we are and what we believe in as a collective. Now, first of all just let me say that I have never been a fan of labels or generalizing anyone's personal convictions and/or personal beliefs. We are all individuals and as such we do not all think alike and we do not all have the exact same views on subjects such as our religion/faith, politics, family decisions, etc., etc.

Speaking only for myself, I am not what would be defined as a liberal nor completely conservative. I do not like, nor particularly wish to be, categorized as thinking like everyone else (Wiccan or other) just because the "majority" may think a particular way about something. 

I feel it is important that we all, as individuals, use our common sense and think for ourselves ... express our own views for our own personal reasons so long as those views do not impose on someone else's personal "rights." I do very strongly believe in both  The Wiccan Rede ("... and it harm none, do as you will") and The Threefold Law ("Ever mind the rule of three, What ye send out comes back to thee.")

To tell you the truth, I have never been what some may feel is the "status quo" in regards to anything in my life and my faith is most certainly no exception.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think any of us like to live under a label.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right! I have always had an intense aversion to labels - and nowadays everyone is completely stigmatized with them.
    As you said, we are all individuals with a myriad of thoughts and ideas.
    People are extremely complex and can't be categorized with an assembly-line mentality. Our possibilities are limitless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good points. My beliefs are 'nature based' and am a Unitarian Universalist. I could no longer pray to or recite things I no longer
    believed in. Though I don't practice Wicca, I lean towards many of their beliefs as also some Buddhist. I so enjoy your blog and learn a lot. Love your kitties! Paranormal John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much for your kind words and for stopping by! I actually considered myself "agnostic" for a very long period of time until I found my heart. Brightest Blessings!

      Delete