We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, May 06, 2023

Weekend This and That

Happy Saturday everyone! I have an update on my claim against the bogus ETSY seller, Ms. Lili Heide of BareNaturALLS. After a nightmare of a fight in order to get my money back from this crook, I FINALLY received an email just this morning from Pay Pal informing me that they decided in MY favor and I will indeed get my refund! ... THANK YOU, Pay Pal for doing the right thing!


I fought HARD for weeks. Why? Because for me it was not all about the money. For me, it was more about the principal. These bogus, unethical people make my blood boil! After a bit of digging around on her ETSY site reading through the other comments, my sister Aurora Skye saw a few other customers whom Ms. Heide pulled the very same BS with and they also were forced to open up a claim against her - and won! GOOD FOR THEM! BRAVO!!! 😃


Moving on, this past week we had an uninvited guest crawling around on our bathroom sink wall - a disgusting centipede! ...


Now, let me say that growing up in Berks County, PA we have always been plagued with these horrid things we more commonly call thousand-leggers! They love the damp and cold environment so they usually reside in either the basement or the attic during the winter months. I know they help control the infestation of other insects such as spiders, but I have never gotten used to the sight of them even after all of these years. They are venomous; however, they are usually only deadly to other insects as they do not carry enough venom to actually harm a human - unless of course you happen to be allergic to it. It is worth mentioning that they CAN be harmful to a pet - dog, cat, etc. -if they are ingested! 


Therefore, I looked up a natural way to kill them without endangering our fur babies:

Natural Ways to Get Rid of Centipedes:
Centipedes might not be desirable houseguests, but you don’t have to resort to harsh extermination treatments to get rid of them. Here are some natural ways to get rid of the centipede convention in your home:

Run a dehumidifier. Removing the moisture from your home will make it less attractive to centipedes.
Seal up cracks. Examine your foundation, as well as openings around doors and windows. Add more caulk or sealant as necessary to keep insects and other pests from entering.
Spray vinegar. White vinegar is often used in other household applications, so it’s not toxic. Spray it on the bugs—you don’t have to dilute the vinegar in water—to kill them.
Spray tea tree or peppermint oil. Mix a bit of either with water and spray around crevices or other places you’ve seen centipedes. While these oils are fine for human consumption, they are toxic to centipedes.
If these natural remedies don’t work, or it seems as though the centipedes are increasing, call an exterminator. There might be another pest problem that is inviting your centipede visitors to overstay their welcome.

4 comments:

  1. Ugh, I don’t think I’ve seen a centipede. I think I would try mixing the essential oils with the white vinegar, too. Glad PayPal settled in your favor. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad things finally worked out in your favor! I'm surprised that Paypal was so congenial. Sometimes they're hard to deal with.

    I didn't know that centipedes exist in your area. I thought they were only in the western states. They are HUGE in TX, AZ, and NM. I hope your cats won't encounter any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jon! Let's just say that I was VERY adamant! lol

      Delete