We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, May 12, 2018

The magick of mermaids



Greetings everyone! For those of you who have been reading my blog for quite some time, you know by now the strong attraction that mermaids hold for me. Their beauty and allure have always fascinated me. It began years ago when I was a child and they have had my heart ever since.

I had recently bought a lovely labradorite mermaid pentagram necklace on Etsy ...

Labradorite is a gemstone with highly mystical properties. It heightens intuition, enhances psychic abilities which makes it great for working with the Third Eye chakra, it is known to balance both  intuition and intellect, dispels illusions and allows ones true intentions to be seen more easily. It is also a protective stone against negative energies and balances the aura. 

Labradorite can also aid in communicating with our highest self and with the creator. It also helps to assist us with facing and navigating all types of changes and challenges, attracting strength and perseverance into our lives. It is one of the best stones to use when dealing with any type of addiction or to break unhealthy (either physical or mental) habits.

Useful during transformation and change, labradorite is helpful for bringing up and healing old memories, including past life issues. You can wear a labradorite pendant during meditations, healing sessions, or while you sleep to assist in dream time.

Mermaids encompass seduction, allure, flirtation, beauty, charm, Divine Femininity, and provocativeness. To have a connection to a mermaid is to have a connection to goddess energies, intuitive abilities and to the healer of the heart and the ocean. The mermaid is not only the epitome of feminine beauty, but she is also extremely strong in whom she is - known for being unconquerable, she can never be tamed all of which seem to make her even more desirable,

There are many goddesses in ancient mythology who are connected to mermaids. For the purposes of this post and because there are so many good websites in which to research this information further, I will not get into that. My personal water deity is the Greek water/ocean goddess Doris of whom I keep a little statue of on my daily altar. 



"Singing to the ocean, I can hear the ocean's roar
Play for free, I play for me and play a whole lot more.
Thinking about the good things and the sun that lights the day
I used to think of the ocean, has the ocean lost its way? ...

I don't think so!"

5 comments:

  1. This is something we have in common. I love mermaids as well. Waiting eagerly for next month when I do my ocean decorating. I have mermaids, shells, candles, crystals, you name it. Just can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, I am happy to hear that I have a fellow mermaid lover among me!

      Have fun decorating!!!

      Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. My Dearest Kim...I love this post! So informative and interesting! Mermaids and magick how divine🐚
    This is one of the reasons I love visiting you...great info and a beautiful Wiccan with a beautiful soul.
    I am so happy that we are friends 💟❤💝

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I am very blessed to have you as a friend! I hope that we can always stay in touch! :)

      Much love to you now and always!

      Delete
  3. What a great post Kim! So much information! I love your new necklace! Truly beautiful!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete