We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, October 02, 2018

I just have to "go there" ...

Tomorrow will be a pretty low-key day here. Just have to get my hair trimmed, pick up some groceries and head to the pet store, and then I am planning on staying home and cleaning the house the rest of the day.

This weekend should be a blast reliving my past with some of my old friends. We are going to have dinner at Flanny's on Saturday night and then stay all night to enjoy a band from our youth called The Slut Brothers Band. These guys used to play everywhere on every single weekend back in the 80's and they really kicked it! They play mostly classic and southern rock. A few years ago, they reunited and are still so popular that they have been back playing together ever since. My friend Chris Flanagan, the owner of Flanagan's Pub, told me that the group usually plays bigger venues, but they agreed to play at Flanny's for a birthday party in honor of a patron who has just beaten cancer. Indeed a good reason to celebrate.

The Slut Brothers back in the 80's ...
Now ... 😎

My friend Deb and I have decided that we will dress up in costume for Halloween for the occasion. She will wear something really cool and fun and I will have a chance to finally wear my new Harley Quinn velvet dress and dress shoes ...
The necklace to go with the outfit.
Dollar Store glasses to wear since Harley Quinn is a "psychiatrist."
Chris having fun goofing around with one of his servers, Kylie.

I now leave you all with a song for Wednesday (tomorrow) ... hope you enjoy and have a great day everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Have a great time!!!
    You look great in your new dress and shoes!!!
    Beating cancer...a terric reason to celebrate!!!

    Hugs 🍂🎃🍁👻💮

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ABSOLUTELY, JAN!! Thank you and have a wonderful weekend, dear friend!

      Delete
  2. Hoping you have a fabulous time - I think you will!
    Your dress and shoes and you look brilliant.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an amazing time Kim! You look amazing! Love the shoes! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete