We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, January 15, 2023

Crockpot Pot Roast


This weekend, I tried a new slow cook recipe for Pot Roast in the crockpot. Since my husband was diagnosed with diabetes, I have been trying my best to cook homemade meals in order to keep his glucose levels down. It was a recipe he found on the internet. It is simple!

All you need is a crockpot, a bag of small potatoes, a small pack of raw mixed veggies (green pepper, onions, carrots, etc.), 2 packs of DRY onion soup mix, 2 1/2 to three pounds of roast beef, and four cups of water ...

Wash/rinse and dice the potatoes in quarters then place in the crockpot along with the mixed raw veggies ...

Cut up the roast beef in small cubes ...


Add the potatoes and veggies then add the two dry packs of onion soup ...


Cook on low temperature for 6 to 8 hours or as long as needed.

Leftovers!

For more great recipes, please check out Jan and Eddie's blog titled, "The Low Carb Diabetic" - a wonderful site with some awesome recipes that I will most definitely be trying!

2 comments:

  1. Crockpot pot roast is on my list for the next batch of freezer crockpot meals I make. Yours looks so delicious. Tonight, we're having crockpot beef stew. Lots of wonderful recipes from Jan and Eddie's site

    ReplyDelete
  2. The recipe looks delicious. I love crockpot pot roast, but haven't made it lately because I couldn't go to town to get fresh vegetables (my car battery is dead and my bad back is killing me).

    ReplyDelete