We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Memorial Day weekend 2024

It was a very busy holiday weekend. Saturday, I was finally able to get together with my sister Robin. We had lunch and went shopping at our usual local places. Sunday was a family cookout at my husband's cousin and her family's house. The weather was beautiful and the perfect day to enjoy delicious hamburgers, hot dogs, and more.

Yesterday, we started off our day early as my husband was asked to serve in the Honor Guard for the Sinking Spring VFW Post 6150 Annual Memorial Day Remembrance this year. They hold two ceremonies - the first one was at The Pleasant View Cemetery in Sinking Spring, PA ... 


And, the second, was held at The Sinking Spring VFW Post 6150 ...

There was a special luncheon for all who participated and our members who came out to join the remembrance. I baked cupcakes for everyone - Red Velvet with cream cheese frosting and vanilla with blue frosting ...

A pic of our Veteran friend, Walt and my hubby at the luncheon.

4 comments:

  1. Nice ceremony. You must have baked up a storm. The cupcakes look festive and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did - I baked 48 cupcakes after we got home from the family cookout on Sunday night lol!

      Delete
  2. A nice, good old fashioned Memorial Day weekend. I'm glad you had pleasant weather - - there were severe thunderstorms here.
    I want some cupcakes! *smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jon! We had nice weather on Sunday. Rain and storms on and off throughout the week, but it was okay. I hope you weathered the thunderstorms! They can get PRETTY BAD!!

      I wish I could have saved some cupcakes! lol

      Take care, my friend!

      Delete