We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Thursday, August 27, 2026

A Charlie Nightmare ...

 A little over two weeks ago, I woke up and began feeding the cats as usual when I turned around and saw what I can only describe as a HORROR in front of my refrigerator on my kitchen floor - two huge puddles of blood! And, sitting close by was my fur baby Charlie. I picked him up and saw that he had blood all over the inside of his left leg and it would NOT stop bleeding! Lo and behold my hubby just happened to pull into the driveway and when I showed him Charlie's leg he said, "We need to get him to the emergency vet right away!" And so we called the closest pet urgent care facility that we could get him to called, "PetHealth Urgent Care of Wyomissing". They immediately took care of him and showed us that - despite the fact that we had just had his annual check up at our own vet in February - he had a tumor mass which had apparently burst. They surgically removed his tumor that afternoon and we picked him up later that night. They sent his tumor tissue out for a biopsy to find out if it was malignant or benign. We are still awaiting those results ...

Poor Charlie had to wear a "cone of shame" (Elizabethan Collar) for two weeks. We just took him back to the emergency vet to get his stiches removed last Wednesday morning ...


Moving on, an update on Miss Bennie who is settling in very nicely in her new home. She is a "special needs" kitty as she is completely deaf and only has partial eye sight due to some sort of trauma she suffered before we found her outside and brought her into the house as part of our family ...

Charlie and Ms. Bennie ...

A new black cat kitty bed ...
Butterscotch lying in the new bed while Teddy looks on.

2 comments:

  1. Poor Charlie. I hope he is doing better. You are an angel my Lady to devote your time to caring for these beautiful and special creatures - CJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a horrifying ordeal! I get extremely upset to see those precious fur babies suffering. Positive thoughts for Charlie.
    Miss Bennie is beautiful. You and your husband are saints, adopting these needy treasures. I luv the new kitty bed.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete