We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, February 26, 2017

This and That

Greetings everyone and Happy Sunday to all of you. Not much interesting happening here as of late. Although I did have a nice little surprise birthday lunch thanks to my good friend of many years, Kiki. Yesterday, she treated me to a birthday lunch at Applebees this time. And, unbeknownst to me, she mentioned to our waitress that she was meeting me for my birthday and before I knew it, four lovely young gals came over to our table, handed me an ice cream sundae and sang "Happy Birthday" to me. Now, if you remember, this is the same friend who only two years ago took me to lunch at a local buffet and had arranged to have the restaurant announce "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to me over the intercom system for all of the patrons to hear! Gotta love friends like that ... and, of course, I do! LOL!!

Me 'n' Kiki-girl - taken last month at her birthday lunch at Applebees.

My surprise birthday ice cream sundae ... mmm good!
 
Moving on, with Ostara coming up next month, my sister Aurora Skye and I are planning something new and special for our celebration. I can't tell you what it is just yet, but I will definitely post it for all of you who are curious.  

I don't about you guys, but our weather here has been CRAZY! Keep in mind that we are in the middle of winter here in PA and all last week and into this weekend we had temperatures in the 70's! And, last night we had a thunderstorm of rain and wind mixed with hail. After all the damage caused by our last BIG hailstorm, I tend to shudder at the mere mention of that word anymore. 

(Yup, those are balls of hail on the grass and the driveway)

Just a couple of pics from this morning's local newspaper of last night's storm damage in our area. Yet another reminder of exactly "who" is in charge.

Anyway, I hope you all have a blessed rest of the weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Kim! What a nice surprise with the sunday! You look so cute! Sorry about the storm!! The weather has been crazy here too, but we haven't been getting bad storms, just extreme temperature changes! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete