We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, February 09, 2020

A cool evening 'Out'!

Greetings, friends! Last night was the "Get The Led Out" concert held at The Santander Arena in downtown Reading, PA. Along with my friend Deb and her hubby Dave, we were joined by their good friends of many years, Jan and Mike. We decided to make reservations for dinner before the show at a local Chinese restaurant just across the street from the concert venue called, "Lang's." Deb and I ate snack a little earlier in the day so we chose to split the dinner - we ordered chicken lo mein ... 💜

The show began at 8PM and it was so AWESOME!! 

We met up with our buddy, Kyle in the lobby just before the start of the show. Kyle is the the friend who has a Led Zeppelin tattoo on his arm. He was there with his parents who got him into Zep's music as a kid! WAY TO GO!!


These guys played everything from "Bring It On Home" to "Going to California" to "In My Time f Dying" and "Dazed and Confused," "All of My Love" to "Kashmir," "Living Loving Maid," "Heartbreaker" and "Whole Lotta Love" PLUS much, much more! I would DEFINITELY go see them again given the chance!!

As I said, we had a snack earlier for lunch so we went to Chili's and had some salsa and chips ...


We had a couple of hours to play with so we attended the Valentine's Day event right down the road from my house at a neat little place called, "The Mint Leaf."  They have all sorts of cool little items - gourmet food and desserts and a lot of nice gift shops that remind me a bit of "The Cracker Barrel" (clothing, hand crafted jewelry, etc.)
One of the vendors there was "The Rebel Hive Meadery" where we found some delicious specialty wines such as "Chocolate Cherry Lee Lewis" and "Respect Your Elders." They also had some great snacks such as these little goodies...


And last, but not least, Deb knew what an extremely stress-filled week I happened to have this week at work, and surprised me with this sweet and thoughtful little early Valentine's Day gift. It was from a pic she took from her last company Christmas Party a couple of weeks or so ago. She ordered a 5 x 7 print of it and added a personal message for me on the back of it (it even rhymes - lol) ... 💗


We also had a nice little surprise to help make my day - while out and about, Deb and I ran into my sister Aurora Skye and her good friend Kathy at our local Ulta Store. 😍

)o(        )o(        )o(        )o(        )o(        )o(        )o(

(Gratuitous kitty pic of Mr. Jack - Dave and Deb's fur baby)

Wishing everyone a great week!!

2 comments:

  1. That is some delicious looking food. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice outing. I'd love to poke around the Mint Leaf. So nice to have friends to know how to cheer you up. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete