We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Friday, February 21, 2020

Fun Friday!


Happy Friday everyone! Hope all is well with all of you! This weekend is my birthday - I will turn 26 ... um, I mean 56 years old on Sunday. Okay, let's try this again, I will be 26 and HOLDING - LOL! At any rate, I had an early little surprise from my trainer friend at work, Jesenia, who also happens to have a chef's license. Her son, who plans on going to school to pursue a career as a chef as well, has been playing around with his very own cake recipes as of late and she mentioned to him that my birthday was this weekend so he sent a delicious slice of his very own baked cake to work with her to give especially to me for my birthday - how very sweet and thoughtful of him. It was a moist two layer chocolate cake with cherries and homemade icing! It was scrumptious indeed! 

Every week, Jesenia switches up her chef's meal and dessert menu - this week her specials were chicken fried rice with crab rangoons (or cheese wantons to some) and egg rolls - ALL HOMEMADE!

Generously stuffed crab rangoons!

Also on this weeks' menu, was a succulent grilled rosemary chicken breast with roasted potatoes and choice of another veggie or salad. I actually ordered this last week as well and the chicken breast was so nice and big that I was able to get four small sandwiches out of it for lunches.

Last Monday, we had a little baby shower at work for a co-worker and I asked Jesenia to bake these delicious cupcakes for everyone. I had left overs and decided to take them home to enjoy later ...


And last, but not least she brought me a birthday cupcake she baked - chocolate peanut butter!

Boy, after this year's birthday, I will have to seriously go back to my strict diet again. Thank God spring is on its' way - soon I hope! Have a great day, my friends!!

5 comments:

  1. Robin Kilbury Raber Everything looks so good! YUM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I saved some small cupcakes for this weekend for us, too!!

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday! 🎂 💐 Everything looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! And here's to many more healthy ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many Happy Birthday Wishes

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete