We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Thursday, August 12, 2021

Countdown to Mabon: Sliced Apple Pudding

Sliced Apple Pudding


Here's a yummy little "Hay Creek Festival" recipe I found and just thought I would share with you all. It is easy to make and a great treat for the coming Fall season!

You will need
6 tart apples, pared, cored and sliced
6 eggs
2 cups milk 
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 small cup of melted butter
1 cup sugar
Pinch of salt
A dash of nutmeg or cinnamon (optional)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Toss apples with flour, sugar, salt and butter and place in a 9x9 inch baking dish. Pour enough milk into dish to come almost to the top of the apples, but not cover them. Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, until apples are tender. Sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon to taste.

3 comments:

  1. Ironically, I have some tart apples that I didn't know what to do with. In fact I have all the ingredients for this except flour (I'll buy some flour next week). The recipe sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do enjoy a little cinnamon with apples ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete