We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Patience is a Virtue

Quite a few months ago, I had a student who was referred to me by Lady Sabrina Rhiannon. He had originally come to her asking to be taken on as one of her Wicca students. Since she had already begun teaching her class 2 months prior, she asked me if I would be willing to take him on instead, as she did not wish to disrupt her current students by slowing them down. I told her that if she would send me her Wicca criteria, I would get him caught up to the point where, going forward, he could then join her and the rest of the students.

I began teaching him twice a week for 2 hours each day at my home. After the end of the third week, he asked me if he could continue his studies with me. So the next day, I spoke to Lady Sabrina Rhiannon and explained the situation. We then both agreed that he would stay on with me instead of joining her class.

His name was Gary and he worked as a counselor for the Berks County Prison, he was a long-time member of the Masons, and a hereditary witch! In other words, his bloodline could be traced back to his great-grandmother. His grandmother had played a very active role in introducing him to witchcraft when he was a child, but he had not taken his studies any further until about a year ago.

Four months into his studies; however, Gary had decided to stop showing up for class. You see, the problem was that he wanted to rush his Wicca studies instead of taking his time to learn the correct way.  I can honestly say that he was one of the most naturally gifted witches I have ever met. Had he had a bit more patience with himself, he could have benefited greatly and learned “how” to hone his natural abilities. Perhaps at some later time, he will decide to finish his studies, but if he doesn’t, I wish him all the best in all his future endeavors.

3 comments:

  1. Isn't that always the way? People are so impatient to get to the destination that they forget to enjoy the journey. I see that a lot with reiki too. You know? The "become a Reiki Master" in 8 hours? lol! Hopefully he will figure it all out and remember to slow down and breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you, Willow. I, too, see this kind of thing with reiki. It is such a shame that some people can not learn to truly enjoy what they are learning. If they did, they could get so much more out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand what you mean! I to get very inpatient sometime .For example I am presently studying Tarot kabalah and sometime I want to see the end result but you know what I found that life is a process you can only learn a bit at the time and the God are patient and they will wait for you to digest what you learn this is the beauty about learning and life .
    Much blessing
    ~~Namaste~~
    Lucien

    ReplyDelete