We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Fun Friday ~ Rockin' in the weekend!!


"Rock This Town" ~ The Stray Cats

Thanks to my dad, I have always had an appreciation for many different types of music which has always included old time 50's style rock 'n' roll! One of my absolute favorites is Brian Setzer from "The Stray Cats"  and his very successful and current band, "The Brian Setzer Orchestra." His music is so much fun and I hope to be able to get a couple of tickets for hubby and I to see him in Easton, PA this November!

This guy has been "rockin out" for over 20 years and is still the consummate performer! A very versatile and talented musician, he can belt out music like nobody's business ~ crooning and rock-a-billying with the best of them!
"Jump, Jive an' Wail"

"Folsom Prison Blues"


My apologies for the annoying advertisement before the "Jump Jive an' Wail" video, but I promise you that the song and the vid are definitely well worth it, my friends! ;)

7 comments:

  1. My daughter and I saw Brian Setzer many years ago in Bonita Springs Florida. He was the opening act for Bob Dylan ... Brian was way better I have to say.

    Thanks for this post.

    Love and Light Always

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun. I like the episode of the nanny where he came in with his orchestra too.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Stray Cats....They keep everyone rocken'

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great videos Kim! Excellent tribute to Johnny Cash for the last song ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, I keep forgetting to say, I love looking at your facebook pic, because Robin is hiding in the picture ;o) It looks like she is playing peak a boo! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO!!! Yes, it certainly does! Neither one of us is very crazy about being "in front of" in camera. That pic is probably one of the few pics of me that I actually think is okay.

      I also have (and Robin is going to kill me I think!) a 5 X 7 size of this particular pic of us framed in my kitchen on my side table. LOL!!

      Big hugs, my friend ~

      Kim

      Delete
  6. That is so sweet! Robin wouldn't kill you, she would just give you the evil eye! LOL! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete