We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

In honor of National Friendship Week



"That's What Friends Are For"

And I never thought I'd feel this way
And as far as I'm concerned
I'm glad I got the chance to say
That I do believe I love you

And if I should ever go away
Well, then close your eyes and try to feel
The way we do today
And then if you can remember

Keep smilin', keep shinin'
Knowin' you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
For good times and bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
That's what friends are for

Well, you came and opened me
And now there's so much more I see
And so by the way I thank you

Whoa, and then for the times when we're apart
Well, then close your eyes and know
These words are comin' from my heart
And then if you can remember, oh

Keep smiling, keep shining
Knowing you can always count on me, for sure
That's what friends are for
In good times, in bad times
I'll be on your side forever more
Oh, that's what friends are for


An Irish Friendship Blessing

May there always be work for your hands to do;
May your purse always hold a coin or two,
May the Sun always shine on your windowpane;
May a rainbow be certain to follow each rain,
May the hand of a friend always be near you;
May God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,I received my wreaths today thank you,they are lovely and will be cherished,I havent deciced where to put them yet but when I do I will post a pic on my blog.Love and blessings Jill xx Ps love the poem xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jill ~ Awesome! Thank you so much for letting me know you received the wreaths! I was actually wondering about that today. Sounds great!!

      Blessings,

      Kim

      Delete
  2. Kim, what a beautiful post!!! Big Hugs My Friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete