We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Coven of the Cat: Animal Planet "The Haunted" Documentary


This afternoon while watching The Animal Planet series on television called, "The Haunted," I saw an episode that really struck me and I just felt as if I had to write a post about it. 

First of all, I watch this show all of the time and usually the stories revolve around families and their pets who have experienced some very "abnormal" paranormal activity ~ voices when there is no one else in the house, pets who are either affected directly or indirectly by something or someone, etc. Second, these families most often than not choose to bring in a Catholic Priest along with a Paranormal Team of sorts to cleanse their homes in order to get rid of these "unwanted" or, for lack of a better word, "evil" spirits be they human or animal. .

A Pennsylvania resident, Rob Viars, and his family moved into such a house. Their cat, in particular, was terrified by this strange spirit. In short, the house was once owned by a man named Dr. Frederick LaMotte Santee who was the town doctor and the leader of a Wiccan coven called, "The Coven of the Catta." This coven worshipped the Egyptian cat goddess, Bastet.  Of course, there had been a lot of rumours and half-truths going around about people practicing witchcraft and performing seances, etc. for years.

Around the time The Viars family was getting, "haunted" one of the descendants of Dr. Santee's coven, Lord Shawnus, had come across this story on the Animal Planet website about the house where the doctor had lived. He had decided to come forward to help this family and to set the record straight about both the house and witchcraft. Turns out that the doctor's neighbors were so paranoid about these rumours of speculation, that someone actually tried to burn down the guest house where the coven's sacred cat, Bastet, was living. The house was saved and everyone managed to make it out alive except for the cat.  It was believed that this was the same cat's voice screaming which the PAA (Pennsylvania Paranormal Association) picked up on their EVP's.

The Viars family asked Wiccan High Priest Lord Shawnus and his High Priestess to cleanse their house of Bastet's spirit and send her toward the light. Thankfully, they were successful and now the coven's beloved cat may finally be at peace after all these years.

3 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful story my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch all of "The Haunting" shows...I love ghost stories and I never care whether they are true or not. I do believe in ghosts...so I do believe that most stories have happened to others along with me.
    I totally love Bastet...I even painted a painting of Bastet quite a few years ago.

    Big Hugs
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, I am so happy the cat is finally at peace!

    ReplyDelete