We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, May 14, 2016

ULC Merger to Take Place




As most of you are already aware, I have been a member of the ULC (Universal Life Church) as a Pagan Clergy since 2003. Yesterday, I received an update via my e-mail from Rev. Amy at ULC Seminary that the following merger between ULC. net and ULC Seminary are officially taking place at this time. I have included an excerpt from the e-mail message informing all members that these two organizations have finally decided to join together:
ULC MERGER! - I sent this message out a few months ago, but I don't think it went through for everyone, so I'm sharing the info again. For well over a decade, Kevin Andrews (who runs ulc.net) and I have had a great working relationship. It has been progressing and is now at the point where we have decided to combine forces! There's so much craziness that has gone on in the ULC community since George (Br. Martin) took control of the monastery websites, then 'Br. Michael' started his 'own' thing and mucked up the waters. Kevin and I decided it was time for some unity. Kevin and I are affiliated with the original headquarters in Modesto and none of us has anything to do with the monastery or with the FL guy in any way shape or form. Their sites, while possibly (probably) saying ULC on them, are totally different organizations.

SITE OVERHAUL - If you haven't visited the ulcseminary.org site in awhile, please do. The whole thing has been re-done. It's now a lovely shade of green, with a whole new navigation and updated look. There are still links that need to be updated and added, but the overall site is done. Please check it out. It should be a lot easier for you to find all the information on the site. When the ULC programmer was originally working on it, he said he had no idea that the site had so much information in it. You can expect more essays to be posted, homework, sermons and more. If you want to send in a ceremony or sermon that you've written, to be posted and shared with everyone, please send it to amy@ulcseminary.org and I'll get it up there. With the new format, it's so much easier to update things that I'm going to be going nuts adding things. I'm pretty excited about it.
 -- Rev. Amy (And Rev. Kevin)

 I, personally, am very happy to hear this news and hopefully,  Rev. Amy and Rev. Kevin's e-mail information will finally clear up ONCE and FOR ALL the past confusion which has been going on for so long as to which is the "real" ULC organization.

(related post: http://thewiccalife.blogspot.com/2011/04/important-news-from-real-ulc.html)

Brightest Blessings ALL!

4 comments:

  1. I have been ordained a long time but haven't had any dealings with the church in years. thanks for the update.Namaste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I never knew that you were ordained! I am not particularly "religious" but I do consider myself "spiritual" and therefore made the choice a long time ago to become a Pagan clergy member.

      It is always great hearing from you, Mr. Rat and thank you so much for stopping by! Namaste to you, my friend!

      Delete
  2. Blessings Kim! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm ordained and have been a member of the ULC.net forum for years. I haven't visited in awhile. Thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete