We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Busy enough week ...

It has been yet another busy week for me here. In between looking for another job (a huge stress in and of itself anymore) and besides dealing with all of the ridiculous demands expected by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in regards to my temporary unemployment compensation (with absolutely NO extensions any longer for anyone after 26 weeks either - a long, involved story for another post at another time), I had to run into the Berks County Courthouse in the city of Reading today to get sworn in by the Recorder of Deeds and register my signature with the Prothonotary Office. I have been a Notary Public for the State of PA for 28 years and I will be good for another four year term now. 


We also took Tabitha to the vet for her teeth cleaning. She had to have one tooth extracted and one pulled as they were in bad shape. She was given an antibiotic injection and they also gave her something for pain. She must be given soft cat food for the next 14 days after which we must put her on another type of food to help with her dental hygiene. My poor baby girl, they had to shave her two front legs for her IV's and now she looks like a poodle!



On Tuesday I was invited to have dinner with my friends Deb and Dave at a cool old historical establishment called The Station at Reinholds Inn. This place has been around since 1863 and is located directly next to an actual railroad track. Their menu food is delicious, cheap, and you get a lot of food for your money. They serve food in both the downstairs pub area and also upstairs where there are two nice size dining rooms and an outside deck. LOVE this place. Next time I go, I will take  few snap shots of the beautifully decorated upstairs and deck. These pics were just from the pub area where we ate. (Although you can click on their website link: http://www.reinholdsinn.com/photos.html to see some great pics!)

My grilled chicken sandwich and fried pickle spears ... mmm, soo good!

Me 'n' Deb just chilling out before dinner ...

Tomorrow, I am planning on having a long overdue lunch with my God-daughter, Kyli at a local Chinese buffet restaurant ... very much looking forward to it! 

6 comments:

  1. So sorry about Tabitha. Poor baby 🐱
    The food looks delicious!!
    Have a nice lunch with your God-daughter!

    Big Hugs ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, poor Tabitha. Hope she's doing better. Fried pickles must be a PA thing? We had never had them until we went to visit The Eldest. We first had them at Perkins as an appetizer. Enjoy your lunch with your Goddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I identify with Tabitha. Getting stitches out tomorrow morning after a month of soft foods and neck surgery. All best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Tabitha can't read! She will be unhappy you compared her to a poodle. Sending healing love Tabitha's way.

    Have a wonderful lunch with your God-daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww. Poor baby. I watch a livestream of feral cats and one had 10 teeth pulled yesterday. Poor baby didn't know what to do with himself. Yummy food. Never had fried pickles. I don't think they make them around here, but I would love to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Busy, busy Kim!! I really hope everything goes well with finding a job!! You are always in my thoughts! Poor Tabitha! Sending you both Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete