We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Still busy

Greetings friends! I finally got the purple winter scarf done I have been wanting to crochet for my sister Aurora Skye. I hope she likes it.

I started it on Monday night ...

And I had finished the scarf last night ...
My sister really likes sparkly stuff, so I decided to use some light purple-colored yarn I had bought years ago and had laying around upstairs in the attic to add to the tassels ...


I attended the job fair yesterday and they kept a copy of my resume and references after they interviewed me. I am supposed to call them back on Friday for more information on job opportunities so we shall see how it goes. In the meantime, I am still applying for the online jobs listed on the UC website. They also send me emails of anything listed on their job search site. I use them since it is mandatory that I apply or attend a job fair regarding at least two jobs per week or else they will cut off all of my earned benefits! I am also required to keep a detailed log of every little thing I apply for because the State audits everyone all the time. I truly hate dealing with these a-holes and can not wait to get another job ... hopefully soon! Thank you to all of you who sent me best wishes on that front ... I really do appreciate all of your thoughtfulness.  :)

Oh yes, and I also had some leftover yarn from the fall pot holders so I used both to make another pot holder with a loop added to hang it with ...

I was so happy to get the chance to see Aurora's beautiful girl, Pumpkin when I went to visit her on Monday night. Love this kitty, she is the sweetest!

4 comments:

  1. wow, you crochet fast! I like how the light colored tassels breaks up the dark scarf. Hopefully, you won't have to deal with the state in your job search much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of that scarf. It's gorgeous. You really do nice work. Hope you find something soon. I know how it is to pound the pavement. Wishing you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done on the purple scarf...gorgeous!!!
    Jump through those hoops now or else you won't get a treat...like a job!!!
    Sometimes the government can be so demeaning to people!
    Love the solid orang pot holders, too!
    Pumpkin is a cutie and she looks so sweet 🐈

    Blessings dear Kim💮

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are talented Kim! I love that scarf! It's so beautiful! Love the colour! Love the pot holder you made too! You have to do a lot, with keeping your benefits! I pray you find a job soon!! You know we are all thinking of you! I love Pumpkin! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete