We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, March 10, 2019

Sunday Odds and ends

Happy Sunday everyone! I am finally feeling better and getting over whatever it was I had - Thank You to everyone who sent me well wishes! Yesterday my mom and I went to Yankee Candle store and I bought these two items to add to my sister Aurora Skye and my upcoming Ostara/Spring Equinox ritual celebration in a couple of weeks. - a bunny votive candle holder and a new spring lumalid for the larger candles. I also picked up a few Chocolate Layer Cake-scented votives as well. This is the only time of the year you can find that scent in the Yankee Stores here.


And, since my mom is finally able to move back into her house this weekend, last night I made us all a special homemade stew. You are supposed to make it in a saucepot, but I am a huge crockpot cook, so I used that instead - I just did a little work-around the original recipe. This one came from the Giant Savory Magazine. 💟

Chicken and Potato Stew with Corn
(Prep time 5 min, Cook time 30 min, Ready in 35 min. Serves 6)

Ingredients:
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed
1 medium russet potato, peeled
3 bay leaves
6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/4 cup light sour cream

 STEP 1: Finely chop the cilantro and add to a large saucepot, Cut all the potatoes into 1/2-inch chunks and add to the saucepot along with the bay leaves, broth, and salt. Partially cover and heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

STEP 2: Add the corn and chicken. Simmer another 15 minutes, until Yukon Gold potatoes are tender and russet potatoes begin to fall apart, stirring occasionally.  

STEP 3: Season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove the bay leaves. To serve, garnish with additional cilantro and a dollop of sour cream.

 On Thursday night, I had dinner with my sister and her hubby at Flanny's. I wanted to give her her small Spring giveaway wreath ... 💜💛💚💙
Another busy week coming up! Have a great Sunday, my friends!

4 comments:

  1. The bunny votive holder is cute as well as the jar cover. When the girlies were little, We used to take them to the Yankee Candle Factory about an hour west of us. Tons of stuff to buy and miles of candles to smell. They even dipped their own candles. I gave up candles with Ink around as he enjoyed knocking things off tables so I worried about the candles. Now I just use essential oils. That stew looks amazing and perfect for the cold temps we had this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those items you bought at Yankee Candle are great. I love their candles. I would go crazy in that store. Thanks for the recipe for your stew. Definitely going to try it. Have a fantastic week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Yankee Candle is popular.
    Many thanks for sharing your stew recipe, I love stews and casseroles in the cooler months.

    Hope you are feeling much better now.
    Have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're feeling better Kim! So happy your mom is going back home! She must be so happy! I love the stew! Looks so good! The items you got at Yankee Candle are amazing!

    ReplyDelete