We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Monday, April 22, 2019

Monday montage: On an Easter Day ...


(These are tulips from around the side of my house that  recently bloomed this past week.)

Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a good weekend. We were all invited to Brett's cousin and her hubby's place for a wonderful Easter Day dinner. We had a delicious ham, mashed potatoes, corn and other cooked veggies, gravy, hot buttered buns ... Mmmm, yummy GOOD traditional PA Dutch family Easter holiday dinner! And, we have plenty of leftovers for the next couple of days ...
The family ...
I was asked if I could bring lemon cupcakes for dessert. Could I? - lol!! So, on Saturday afternoon, I baked a dozen or so and decorated them with candy flowers and Jelly Belly beans ... needless to say, I ate far too much and am now back on my strict diet for at least the next week. 😞

And, I also made two Cherry Chip cakes (equal to one regular sized cake) ...

As for Trixie's Easter feast? Some leftover grilled chicken from Saturday night's air fryer dinner. She gobbled it right up! 

And now, here's a few new "Trixie pics" - you can see by these photos that she is such a sweet little kitty ... 😸

😻 HIGH FIVE!!! 😻

And last, but not least two old pics of me and my brother taken on Easter morning just before heading to church service when we were just kids ...

Have a great Monday all!!

5 comments:

  1. You are not alone in eating too much yesterday. Funny, Easter has never been an 'eating' holiday for me, but yesterday it was. Guess it's because I can't resist Italian food. Your cupcakes and cakes look so inviting. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating at Easter is always a treat in our family, too.
    You sure made some tasty and beautiful desserts...yummmmm!!!
    Your Tulips look lovely.
    Adorable vintage photos...So precious.
    Trixie is a sweetheart and so pretty.

    Big Hugs
    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tulips look lovely.
    Your desserts delicious.
    Trixie so sweet.

    Thanks too for sharing all of your photographs. I always think photographs are so special.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be so hard on yourself Kim! You had a great time with family and had some really good food! Those treats you made look so good Kim! Love all the family photos! And, I love the pictures of you and your brother! Trixie is so cute! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I forgot to say, the tulips are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete