We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, May 26, 2019

A Birthday Celebration!


Yesterday, my sister Aurora and I celebrated her up-coming birthday a couple of weeks early due to my uncertainty regarding my hours with my new job. For her birthday cake, I made a Pink Velvet cake with cream cheese frosting and chocolate sprinkles on top. 🎂

We began our day shopping around at a couple of our favorite places - Barnes & Noble, Celtic Myth & Moonlight, a really cool store called the Flower & Home Marketplace, and Shady Maple Gift Shop ...

A horse and buggy traveling through the Shady Maple parking lot ...
The weather was pretty nice for most of the day although a tad windy.
Our car load of shopping bags - 😄

Afterward, we rounded off our afternoon with a little dinner at my house, birthday cake, and opening up her birthday gifts ...
Our snacky foods.

We had a fabulous time and wonderful day together! Happy Sunday everyone!!!

6 comments:

  1. Not only a sister but a built-in, best friend. What a wonderful day you had. The cake looks delicious and what you call chocolate sprinkles are called Jimmies by Bostonians. (-: Happy Birthday to Aurora.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aurora said ...

    "Thank you so much for everything! The delicious cake, the beautiful gifts - my early birthday celebration was perfect! Love you seester! 💜"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cakes make me want to start baking again, but for now that is out of the question. I've no one to eat them except me. My kids all live far from me, I have no brothers or sisters, and my hubby doesn't eat cake. You outdid yourself with this one. Happy birthday to Aurora.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved seeing all of your photographs.
    What a wonderful day you had, and the cake looks delicious :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS Should also have said, Happy Birthday Wishes to Aurora …

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete