We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Tuesday This and That ...

Greetings friends! Well, today is the beginning of a rather nerve-racking new beginning for me. It is Tuesday morning and I start my new job at 7:30 am until 2:30 pm for this week only. The schedule will be insane as for the next four days I am scheduled for what they call "orientation" at one facility then have to travel to another for the rest of my work day. Then, next week I officially start the permanent second shift position. This will definitely be a huge adjustment for me on two levels - I never worked a second shift job before in my entire life (only ever worked first shift for 30-some years) and I will be expected to work A LOT of hours (up to 80 a week!) plus mandatory Saturdays (not liking that one bit, but what can I do, eh? - I need a job so there is little choice regarding it). Not to mention I am so nervous that I can not even describe it. I barely got any sleep last night as my mind just would not shut down long enough to relax at all. I am not sure at this point how well it will work (I pray it does) nor how long I can sustain the kind of "all work and no time for anything else" atmosphere they are demanding, but I have to at least try my best to make it all work out in the end somehow. Anyway, the one good thing as far as I am concerned is that because it is a sanitary and controlled environment I will not have to (nor am I allowed to) wear any make-up or perfume - jewelry should be kept to a minimum as well. We must wear jeans, shirts with sleeves, and socks which go up over the ankle. All of these regulations are put in place - understandably so - to avoid any type of contamination as we will be handling surgical supplies and equipment. 😵 🔬

Moving forward on a more positive note, here are a few of the items that I found while my sister and my friend Deb and I were out and about this past weekend. Some were clearance and/or sale items from various stores and gift shops.

A Jim Shore Bunny Spring Basket and a little egg-shaped cat ...

I couldn't resist this one - a Jim Shore Mermaid ... 🐚

At Green Dragon last Friday I bought this cute wooden bread basket ...

A five-taper candle holder and decorative ring ...
A beautiful framed water color mermaid ...
A few new books at Barnes & Noble and Celtic Myth & Moonlight ...
I found this cute mermaid cap and cup at our CVS Store across the street ...

And finally one last thing, due to my hectic schedule, I doubt I will have much (if any) time to write or publish any posts as normal. If I do, most likely they will be quick posts at best. I will also try my best to keep up, comment, and drop by your blogs as time allows - my sincere apologies in advance to all.

Have a great day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. The Jim Shore Easter basket is gorgeous as well as the mermaid. I love his style. Enjoy your first day at your new job. I know you must be nervous, but I'm sure it will be great. The Eldest was on a second shift and she loved it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CJ! Wishing you a great week as well! ; - )

      Delete
  2. I wish you all the best with your new job. I know you will do great. As usual you found some great goodies. I admire your shopping skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we do love 😍 to shop dont we.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you every success in your new job.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete