We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, August 04, 2024

This and That

 Greetings, friends. Just a lazy Sunday today. The sky is overcast and it looks like we will be getting yet MORE rain. Yesterday, my hubby, my MIL, and I spent the afternoon at his family's 70th year reunion. It  always falls on the first Saturday in August. And, it always lands on the same weekend of my mom's birthday. Today she would have been 85 years old. 

After the reunion, we took my MIL home and as we were leaving her house, we saw these beautiful deer in both her and her neighbors yard. I could not resist taking a few pics ...


Just a few pics from the Family Reunion ....
Posing with my husband's cousin, Robin and her son, Lucas.
My husband and MIL.

Since it was the 70th Annual Reunion, everyone got together and created a special book of favorite family recipes ...

This was added to the first page after the Table of Contents ... 😃

I thought this was cute. My MIL added it to the book ...

Later on, we had dinner at the Sinking Spring VFW ...

Goofing around ... lol

My dance partner, Walt (aka "Rabbit") showed up as did his youngest son, Billy ...

♫♬🎜🎝♫♬🎜🎝♫♬🎜🎝♫♬🎜🎝♫♬🎜🎝


He and I are both big time fans of Motown music and we enjoy dancing to it. Sometimes, I am able to convince my husband to dance with me, but he doesn't like to dance ...


💔💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💔

HAPPY HEAVENLY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!! I MISS YOU!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, a 70th family reunion. That must have been amazing. The deer are so beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever heard of a 70th family reunion. That truly is amazing! A family cookbook is a great idea.
    The photos of the deer are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete