We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Monday, August 12, 2024

What's Happening

First off, I did not get the job at UGI. I received an email yesterday afternoon informing me that "after careful consideration", blah, blah, blah. Yes folks, AGE DESCRIMINATION is alive and well in Reading, Pennsylvania!

Moving on, this coming Saturday is the Sinking Spring VFW's Membership Appreciation Day. It will be closed to non-members as will be the kitchen. The VFW will be treating all members to food and drinks (soda, water, etc.). While my husband and I were cleaning up downstairs yesterday, I came up with the idea to donate some of my handmade wreaths to the VFW to raffle off or do whatever they wished with them. These are the ones I am giving to them to use ...

In other news, last night we were able to get Charlie in the holding cage. As expected, he is not happy, but we need to keep him separated from the rest of the cats until my husband can make an appointment with our vet. IF he checks out okay (prayers), we would then bring him upstairs and move his cage into the living room to slowly get used to the other cats and vice-versa. He is so sweet.

2 comments:

  1. Your wreaths are so cute. I bet they will be a big hit. Charlie is adorable and so is your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm late in reading this because I was sick. I'm really sorry you didn't get the job - - but age descrimination is (unfortunately) everywhere.
    I love your wreaths! It's difficult to pick favorites - - but, of course, I like the first one.
    I hope Charlie's checkup will be okay. He's so sweet.

    ReplyDelete