We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Hay Creek Festival


One of the many reasons I love the season of Fall so very much, Mabon and Samhain not withstanding of course, is the fact that there is always so much to do! Around here, there are plenty of  fun and exciting activities to attend. We have a couple of great local Apple Festivals, Shocktoberfest, the Celtic Classic, the Ren-Faire's Celtic Fling, and this weekend is the Hay Creek Valley Festival at Joanna Furnace ~ a wonderful historical site which offers lots of fun and interesting activies throughout the year and most especically over the holidays.

Apples, homemade apple dumplings, apple cider, apple butter, candied apples ... apples, apples, apples! There were so many activities to enjoy for both kids and adults, great food and beverages, awesome flea market, historical demonstrations, and much, much more ...

Hay Rides
Tracker Pull Rides for the kiddies!
 
Creating and stuffing scarecrows
 
The escavating area
 
The Joanna Furnace ...
 
 
 
 
And of course I couldn't resist the GREAT buys at the Flea Market. Everything I bought ranged from $1.00 up to $8.00 each ...
 
All sorts of handmade crafts ...
 
Joanna Furnace Iron Handcrafted Black Cat Anvil and Fall Leaves Picture Frame
 
Amber necklace and Sterling Silver Cat earings
 
"Our Own Candle Company" brand candles and a "Witches IN/OUT Sign"
 
 
We had such a gorgeous day and this annual event is always sooo much fun. I look forward to it each and every single year!


8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Look at all the neat treasures you got! I am envious! Looks like you had a great time and a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great time and you've found some wonderful treasures!

    Received your package today and had no more opened it than Blue absconded with his wee mousie; Harry and Connelly in close pursuit. Next thing you know, they're on the side deck and passing the mouse from paw to paw while snacking on Cheetos. ;-)At least I was able to hold onto the candles and adorable card; thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful festival indeed. The old building is absolutely beautiful, I love the windows. There is nothing more divine than an autumn faire!
    I love the goodies you acquired! Who can resist a flea market?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow looks like great fun and you got some awesome stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are wonderful pictures. It looks like you had a great time. I wish I could have visited too. It looks like so much fun.
    Great finds. I love the amber necklace and the cats earrings ; )
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved all of the photos...what fun and how beautiful for this greatest time of the year!!!
    I am loving all of the treasures you found, my friend :) Thank you so much for sharing this uplifting day with us~~~

    Autumn Hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I wish I was there!! Looks like so much fun!! And, I love everything you purchased! Wow!!! You always buy and find such fun goodies ;o) Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I forgot to say, I love the eyes, on your little witch ;o)

    ReplyDelete