We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, March 02, 2013

A Saturday Smile!




Happy weekend everyone! I am leaving you all with a cool little song which I used to sing many years ago from Melanie Safka called, “Lay Down (candles in the rain).” She also sang the hit song, “Brand New Key” which I also sang as well.  She was a pioneer in the 60’s & 70’s of the women’s pop/rock movement with a very powerful voice! I really love this version of her singing with The Edwin Hawkins Singers, a fantastic and popular gospel group in their day who loved this song so much that they collaborated on it with her against their Rev.’s wishes and he eventually allowed them to sing on her record.

Wishing everyone a blessed weekend!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love this song and hadn't heard it in years; thanks so much for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this song! Thanks for sharing it! It's great! Have a blessed weekend my friend ;o)

    ReplyDelete