We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, February 17, 2019

Fire and Ice Festival ~ 2019


Happy Sunday, my friends! Yesterday, I attended the annual 2019 Fire & Ice Festival in Lititz, PA with my friend Deb, her twin sister Barbara, her daughter Rayann, her grandson J.J., and J.J.s aunt Nessy (Vanessa). It was an absolutely gorgeous day with the temps in the mid to high 40's and the sun was shining.

Deb and I started out our day enjoying some goodies that she made for Valentine's Day ...

 Chocolate-covered strawberries ...


 Frosted heart-shaped cookies ...

The Fire & Ice Festival is a yearly winter celebration which showcases all kinds of ice-sculptured art, food, music, and plenty of cool places to eat and shop. I took some pics from our day ...

As you can see, many of these ice sculptures have holes carved in them so people could have there pic taken with them and even sit on some of them ...
Rayann posing with a gnome.

J.J. on a teddy bear.

Barbara standing with a tooth fairy. Notice the tooth on the bottom right.
Me sitting on a heart-shaped ice throne.

A cool gazebo on the park grounds.

 A heated walk through tent ...

On the way home, we had dinner at the PJ Whilehan's in Lancaster, PA ...
Nessy and Rayann.
J.J.
 Deb 'n' me.

As most of you who have been following my blog for quite a while know, I am a HUGE fan of Led Zep and I am a member of a super cool group called "MASTER, Jimmy Page" on FB. One of my friends who is also a moderator (and creator) of this site sent me this reply to one of my post comments yesterday:

Member of MASTER, Jimmy Page since April 29, 2018

 
So, imagine my elated surprise when MR. JIMMY Sakurai himself accepted my friend request on FB and personal messaged me back a reply thanking me for my kind greetings! Jimmy has now left the tribute band Led Zepagain and has currently been playing and touring with his own new group called, "Mr. Jimmy Led Zeppelin Revival." I hope to one day get the chance to see him play live.

I tell ya, this awesome group and our members are THE BEST ever! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

7 comments:

  1. You have so many fantastic festivals by you. So much fun. Those ice sculptures are gorgeous. Takes a lot of talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would have enjoyed it, Mary. Those sculptures were so amazing!

      Delete
  2. Mouth-watering goodies! The ice sculptures were fabulous and you look resplendent sitting on the crystal throne. So cool that your hero friended you on Facebook. You had an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those ice sculptures are amazing!!!
    Cookies look yummy and the chocolate covered strawberries, too!!!
    You looked like a queen on her glass throne.
    Very nice that you were accepted as a friend by your idol.

    Big Hugs ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, those ice sculptures are amazing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. It 's marvellous! I am so happy to see this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, those ice sculptures are amazing!! You look beautiful sitting on your throne! LOL! That is so cool that your idol accepted your friend request on facebook! How cool! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete