We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Friday, February 08, 2019

Food for Thought Friday


Happy Friday everyone! I just finished reading one of my new table books I had bought last weekend titled, "365 Days with My Curious Cat" by Pam Brown and wanted to share some of the wonderful cat quotes from it. I added my own personal photos to accompany them. I hope you all ENJOY!

There is nothing so beautiful as a sleeping cat.

A dog looks guilty if he has sinned. A cat, never.

All cats - from Bengal tigers to alley cats  - are variations on a single theme.
A cat purring soothes the most troubled heart.

The agitated meow, the frantic meow, is "You've been out for hours, and look, my bowl is empty!"
I love you. I adore you. You are the center of my life, says Dog. - Of course I love you. Where's dinner? says Cat.
 A hungry cat is an insistent cat. 

One owns a dog. One cooperates with a cat.
A dog secretly hopes that one day he will become human.  A cat would be appalled by the possibility. 
Owner's say their dogs are almost human. A cat would be appalled.

Many an ancient tomcat has a kitten's heart.

When someone, through age or loneliness or grief, finds love has left them, they can often rediscover it in a little cat.

A cat knows very well what Go, Come, Stay mean. He simply refuses to acknowledge them as applying to himself. A cat gives instructions. He does not take them.


Every cat needs a window to its' world.

People who need to be worshiped should not choose a cat.
Those who require obedience should not acquire a cat.

One resents being under another's thumb, but one accepts being under a paw.

 
A cat needs no words - the touch of a little paw - a whiskery kiss - a drowsy purr are enough to tell you that he loves you.

A cat arranges your life to suit his own.

One never quite gets over the loss of a cat.
A cat outlives a flower, a mouse, a summer. But never long enough - the heart still yearns for him long after he has gone.

There is nothing so laid back as a laid-back cat.

Cat lovers bear the scars.

Every movement a cat makes has been perfected through millennia. And he knows it.


There are a thousand kinds of dog. There is one Cat.

(Special and loving 'thanks' to all of my precious furr babies - both living and lost - for lending their beauty to this post.)

Have a wonderful day all!

5 comments:

  1. Kim, you did a beautiful job of recreating your table book using photos of your fur babies.
    This is precious 🐈

    Big Hugs 😻

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love this post. I totally adore cats. I miss having one with me, but I made a decision and I think it's the best possible. Your fur babies are gorgeous. So many think cats are independent, but that's just a myth. Cats are actually very, very loving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were so good, and I loved the photos.The urn for Midnight is just beautiful, and that quote so true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous post :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful post! I truly enjoyed all the pictures and all the quotes! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete