We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Friday, December 24, 2010

Angels

There was once a time had anyone asked me if I believed in "angels," I would have said to them, "I don't know ... not particularly." I never really had any convictions regarding the subject either way. I was taught by my Reiki Master to use the aid of the Archangels whenever performing reiki. As a matter of fact, I have a beautiful statue of an angel holding a star in her hands with stars and moons draped at her feet on my reiki altar.


Recently; however, I have had an experience which has caused me to revisit my "on the fence" view about their existence . I now can say in all sincerity - they really do exist!

A couple of evenings ago, my husband was out with a good friend of his at a local pub. Now, this particular establishment is heavily frequented by college students - many of whom are the most arrogant and obnoxious group of young people you will ever meet. My husband was drinking his second beer when he got up to use the men's room. According to his friend, about 5 minutes after my husband returned to their table, he began to act strangely tired all of the sudden. When his friend asked him about this, my husband replied that he was probably just tired because he had been up since 4:30a.m. that morning. Thinking nothing more of the matter, they both decided to leave and go home. Unbeknowst to anyone at the time, my husband's beer had been drugged at some point earlier that evening at the pub. He became disoriented while driving and ended up in a very treacherous part of the city. Dazed and confused,  he was eventually found wandering around the dangerous streets by the police and without his car!

The next thing I knew, the police were at my front door. They had brought him home, unecessarily handcuffed at that, adding that my husband was "lucky he wasn't killed!" About an hour later, after the drug had worn off, he became violently sick and still remembered nothing about the incident.

The next morning we decided to look for the car - expecting it would have either been stolen or vandalized. Amanzingly, everything was still intact - husband AND car!

When I think back on the chain of events of that horribly scarey night, I realize that "luck" had absolutely nothing to do with the way things had turned out. I have never been the sort of person who believes in coincidence and I truly believe that everything happens for a reason - not by chance!

This particular experience has prompted me to do some further reseach about angels and where they came form. I found out that angels actually do not have their origins in Christianity. They were, in fact, written in Hebrew scripture years before the Christians adopted them. They are messengers of God in both religions none-the-less. Their Wiccan correspondences lie with the Archangels and they are Michael (South/Fire), Rafael (East/Air), Ariel (North/Earth) and Gabriel (West/Water).

Although I still do not beleive that angels have wings or look like little cherubs, I now know in my heart that they are real. They are protective entities that look out for each and every one of us when we truly need them most. They are, literally speaking, "Guardian Angels!"

No comments:

Post a Comment