We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Some new books and stuff

Today, my sister Robin and I decided to go bargain book shopping at "Barnes & Noble" over our lunch break. This is just something we love to do every so often ~ that and indulging ourselves by stopping at the local new age store, "Celtic Myth & Moonlight."

I found a couple of interesting books which I simply could not pass up. One is titled, "Magick of Reiki" by Reiki Master Christopher Penczak and the other is a book written by Sylvia Browne called, "Astrology Through A Psychic's Eyes." 


I also picked up a couple of magazines as well ...


This particular edition of "Witches & Pagans" features a great educational article written by Kerr Cuhulain, a retired member of the Vancouver Police Department and currently the leader of the Order of Scathach. He is also the author of the Wiccan/Pagan books, "Wiccan Warrior" and "The Law Enforcement Guide to Wicca."

And last, but not least, a cool Mad Libs book for adults (sounded like something fun to do when friends come over) ...

  
Don't you just love the cover? ~ LOL!

2 comments:

  1. I do love the cover. let me know what you think of Christophers book. I don't do Reiki but have been lloking for a book to learn more about it. I know you can't learn from a book, just want to know more about it.

    Blessings, V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vivienne ~ I will definately write a review of this reiki book when I am finished. It looks like it might be good. I agree with you about the fact that you can not actually "learn" from a book, but I have found that books can sometimes give you the background on the subject that helps you get a general idea of things anyway. Even after my Reiki Level II certification, I still sometimes use my books as reference points and so forth.

    Love & light,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete