We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Mabon Lament



 Mabon Lament

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond's glint on snow

I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn's rain
When you awaken in the mornings hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft star that shines at night
I am the ocean's calming waters,
That carries Earth Mothers' sons and daughters

So do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die
And do not stand at my grave and mourn,
I am not there; I have been reborn

~ written by Mary Elizabeth Frye with adaptation by Lady Caer Morganna 


2 comments:

  1. This is just a wonderful poem, it was read at a funeral and I loved it, the words are so very true, deep and meaningful, the loved ones that we loose become a part of our lives in other ways, thier spirit lives on in our hearts, we see them every day, in all that is beautiful! XxxxxxxxX

    ReplyDelete