We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

That time again ...

Every year in early August, my hubby's family reunion rolls around. As part of the day's activities there is always a big auction for both kids and adults. These are usually nickel, dime and quarter items which help pay for the food and grove rental expenses. And it's a lot of fun because everything is wrapped up in paper so no one knows what they are actually getting!

This is also the time of the year when I scoot upstairs to the attic and grab a couple of boxes full of stuffed animals which I won in crane machines several years ago. There is nothing wrong with them, in fact, they have been sitting around in boxes since I brought them home with me.  Believe it or not, I literally used to walk out of restaurants and pubs with bags full of these things. Here are the ones I plan to take to the family reunion this weekend ...


Instead of just taking up room in the attic collecting dust, I decided that they would make great auction gifts for the kids who, by the way, truly love them! I always like watching their little faces light up when they unwrap one of these guys.

still actually have so many boxes of stuffed animals left that I also donate them to "Toys for Tots" every year at Christmas time. After all,  young or old, who doesn't love stuffed animals?

7 comments:

  1. Good grief, how do you get so many from the machines??
    You are blessed to have so many relatives and a family reunion. I do envy you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Let's just say that the fun was in the challenge more than anythng. One time there was this little girl watching me play as I got one of them and after it dropped down into the shoot, I picked it up and gave it to her her. LOL!

      Delete
  2. I have a stuffed animal tree and it holds the animals that Hubby brought home to me from the machines...I should do as you, but they're mine and I pet them every so often...they are soft and squishy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy ~ I don't blame you for not wanting to give away something that your hubby gave to you. I also keep the stufffed animals that are peronal to me. Those I will keep always!

      Blessings, my friend!

      Delete
  3. I don't suppose you'd let me buy the little cream colored bear with the pink feet in your second picture?

    That thing is so cute it hurts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shannon ~ LOL!! You're too funny! If you are actually serious, you can have that little bear if you like. I would just need you to e-mail me your address to send it to. You live in Maryland correct? My e-mail is Ladycaer1964@yahoo.com

      Kim

      Delete
  4. Hey Kim ;o) Me home ;o) This is a great idea with the stuffed animals! Stuffed animals are perfect for anyone, at any age ;o) You must have been great on those machines!! Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete