We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A little New Year's Eve Surprise!

 
Greetings, my dear friends! Hope everyone had a memorable New Year's! We traditionally spend New Year's Eve with my in-laws and then New Year's day with my folks. This year, since I was stuck working all day, hubby and I stayed home on NYE. As I may have mentioned to you all before, New Year's Eve has always been a little depressing for me (not that I was particularly unhappy to see this past year go or anything). So picture this little senario, if you will?:
 
My hubby walks downstairs in the cellar and brings up a still wrapped Yule present ...
 
Me:  (laughing, I say to him) "Ah, did you forget one?"
 
Hubby:  "No, I was saving it for you for tonight because I know New Year's always gets you a little down."
 
And so I opened his gift and to my surprise, it was a Mermaid Musical Snow Globe that rotates while playing, "Beyond the Sea." The engraving on it read, "For a love as timeless as the sea."
 
I told him how very beautiful it was and he replied, "Yeah, not bad for something I pulled out of my butt while paying for it at the cash register, eh?" I began laughing hysterically and said, "Yes, I'm certainly impressed!" LOL! Turns out that he hadn't realized that there was a place for engraving until he was ready to buy it and then had to do some quick thinking!

As I have so often said before, between our cats and my hubby, there's never a dull moment at our house!


6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful Kim! Your hubby is loving and funny ;o) Big Hugs and Happy New Year ;o)( We both got special gifts on New Year's Eve!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snow globe! Thoughtful hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful gift and thought. Your hubby needs to give mine some pointers on gift buying, lol. Many Blessings......

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's gorgeous! How sweet of your hubby to do that for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is lovely!!!
    true love..fabulous,isn't it!!!!

    ReplyDelete