We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Worrying


Ever since I was a small child, I remember always being a big worrier. I worried about this, I worried about that. Now that I am an adult, I just worry about more serious issues. What if I lose my job in this terrible economy? What if we lose the house? What if we can’t afford to pay our ever-increasing (and in my humble opinion disgusting) school taxes? What if the cats get sick while we are on vacation with my in-laws?What if I make the wrong life decisions? The list goes on and on.

“What if’s” can effectively drive you crazy! Yet, my mind refuses to stop thinking about such things ~ both day and night. In my defense; however, a majority of my concerns are, in fact, legitimate. After all, I am the only one in our household currently working a full-time job as my husband is only working part-time and, because of the nature of his job, only some of that time. It is very scary and stressful to say the least when so much of the responsibility is almost solely placed on one person ~ you!
 
Still, I know that worrying about these things does not change them in the least. I know that sometimes we have to believe that things happen for a reason and have faith that they will work out in the end. Sometimes we must put our trust in others to help us through the bad times. Sometimes faith and trust are all we have to give us the strength we need.


Though, in spite of all life’s little problems or perhaps even because of them, I thank the Lord and Lady almost every single day for the love and support of my family and friends without whom I dare say I do not think I would be able to keep my sanity most days!

3 comments:

  1. I hear ya sister! My mom once told me if I wasn't worried about something, I would be worried I was forgetting something! I try so hard to give it all over and not stress, but in the middle of the night my mind just won't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bliss ~ I guess it is because we are only human, huh? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is difficult not to worry, when the world is shaky. We do trust in the Lord and the Lady; but sometimes in the quiet of a dark night, the thoughts spin around, and the worry is there. Being human means so many responsibilities which are not easy to deal with sometimes, faith or no faith. Somehow one learns to deal. Worry is a very human trait. Just know you are not alone, and you will get through.

    ReplyDelete