We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Thursday is my mother's birthday. Yep, you got it ~ she is a Leo! As with most people I know born under this Sun sign, she is very loving and extremely protective of her family and friends. It always reminds me of a paragraph from one of my all-time favorite poems by Addison called, "The Astrology Poem" which goes ~
"... Who praises all his kindred do,
      Expects his friends to praise them too
     And cannot see their senseless view?
     Ahh, Leo ..."


Well anyway, that is definately my mom. Through the years she has been my rock. The one person that I can count on to always be there for me no matter what and I have always tried to be there for her as well.  That is family.

She is the reason I became so interested in astrology as a teenager. Her birthstone is Peridot and her favorite color just happens to be green. And so I bought her this personalized necklace with her name and birthstone color on it.


I also went shopping at A.C. Moore (I love that place!) and made her a vase of autumn flowers that I think she might like as she has already begun decorating her home for fall. I used orange, yellow and dark red marbles (colors of the season), silk flowers and an autumn bow to top it off.






Happy Birthday to you, mom. You are the best!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful daughter, and a beautiful person because you have such a great mom! Love the necklace and the autumn arrangement. Special gifts!! Loving thoughts to you and your mom as you celebrate her birthday. May I have some cake??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin ~ Thank you bunches for the beautiful words and your birthday well wishes! And, of course, I would be glad to save you a piece of cake! ;)

    Love,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete