We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Monday, November 14, 2011

Chocolate De Mexicanos

Here is a really delicious hot chocolate drink for snuggling up on a really chilly night. I have made it as a great after ritual treat several times and if you love chocolate as much as I do, you'll love it , too!

All you need is:
4 1/2 cups of milk (or 2%)
4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
5 tablespoons sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 shot tequila
Cinnamon sticks (optional)

Place all ingredients, except for the tequila and cinnamon sticks, in a large sauce pan and bring to a boil. With a hand held mixer or traditional wooden beater, beat the mixture until it stops boiling and becomes slightly frothy. Stir in tequila. Serve immediately in mugs garnished with cinnamon sticks.


Of course, if preferred you can prepare without the alcohol.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delish. I think I MUST give this a try(with the alcohol of course). Thanks for the recipe!

    P.S. I got the wreaths today. Very beautiful. Will show on my blog soon.

    Blessings, V.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I've got it all in my pantry, except for the tequila... need to change that, and quickly! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vivienne ~ I am so glad to hear that you got your wreaths! (BTW, I too, prefer the alcohol - Yeah!) ;)

    Diandra ~ You're very welcome ~ I think you will love it!!! :D


    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is YUMMMMY ... I have to try this soon, but it's so hot hear yet again. Yuck. I long for cool days and nights.
    Happiness,

    ReplyDelete