We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, June 17, 2012

A lovely Father's Day

Today was a beautiful day here in Reading, PA for a Father's Day visit. The weather was nice 'n' breezy and, in spite of a couple of clouds hanging about, it decided not to rain.

First, we went to my parents to give my dad his Father's Day gift ...

We gave him a special card and his gift. He really loves Bath & Body Works Men's cologne called "Ocean"

 Here is a pic of my dad acting "goofy" with a pair of dark sunglasses he found in his coat pocket ~ LOL!


After we all enjoyed chicken on the grill with baked potatoes and corn, we headed out to hubby's parents place to spend some of Father's Day with my in-laws ...


Hubby's dad "Pop" also liked his card and gift from us!


All in all, a great day for us all! Hope you and yours had a fantastic weekend and a special Father's Day as well!

Brightest Blessings everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Kim ;o) Looks like you and your hubby, had a great day with your father's ;o) Very special! Your dad made me laugh with his dark sunglasses! LOL! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Yes, Stacy, my dad is a bit of a character you know! LOL!

      Hugs,
      Kim

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim, glad you had a fun and loving weekend with the folks. Your dad and his dark glasses is funny! Even though he is ailing, he has an amazing spirit! So nice to see your in-laws...hey, I met them!! Please give them a big hello from me!!! And thank them again for the lunch! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin! It was really good to see my dad having one his "better" days, especially on Father's Day. My dad has always been one of the most positive people I have ever known and I can only hope to be as up-beat as he is through bad times. ;)

      I will certainly pass that along to my in-laws and they were very happy to have met you!

      Blessings,

      Kim

      Delete