We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Friday, December 14, 2012

Sending healing prayers

 

Sometimes, I think that the world has simply gone mad and we who are actually sane are merely helpless bystanders who can do very little after the fact than to just cringe at the very thought of what is going on around us. Such is the feeling I get after hearing about today's Connecticut tragedy. And, earlier this week (on 12-12-12) it appears that there was a another true horror story about a Texas man who carved a pentagram on to his 6-year old sons' back (http://www.kxxv.com/story/20328423/texas-man-accused-of-carving-pentagram-into-son. His reason? "It was a holy day," he calmly explained to the 911 dispatcher. Mind you, this man's step-father reports that this very sick father is "deep into the Old Testament." So, needless to day, he was certainly NOT Pagan (although some very irresponsible and ignorant members of the press have already claimed this unthinkable act most likely either connected to Satanism or Paganism because of the pentagram symbol. *Sigh*)

I am lighting a candle and sending lots of healing prayers to all who have been affected by these terrible events and I truly wish all of these families the strength to see their way through it all with love and, hopefully, time.

4 comments:

  1. Will there ever be peace on this planet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Robin's sentiment. I pray for peace. I pray for joy. I feel so heartbroken for those families tonight. Hold your loved ones close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to everyone!!! Please, let there be peace!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out for them. What is becoming of this world.

    ReplyDelete