We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Throwback Thursday ~ Musical Memories!


 
 
Good day all! For this week's 'Throwback Thursday' I thought that I would post a couple of great vids from my teen years. I have always been a huge fan of the old SNL casts, most especially "The Not Ready for Prime Time Players."
 
Garrett Morris, Jane Curtin, John Belushi, Lorraine Newman, Dan Aykroyd, Gilda Radner, & Bill Murray

Here is a clip of John Belushi and Danny Aykroyd singing "Soul Man" as The Blues Brothers and Belushi's excellent rendition of Joe Cocker's "A Little Help From My Friends."
 
Hope you enjoy!!!
 
"With A Little Help From My Friends" ~ John Belushi

)o(   )o(   )o(    )o(   )o(   )o(    )o(  )o(  )o(  )o(  )o(  )o(

 

4 comments:

  1. I loved the original SNL and got to see many of them before they became famous. I lived right across the street from Washington Square Park in Greenwich Village when I first moved to the city, and in those days, comics and singers were always out in the park putting on little shows. Many of these went onto SNL. They still have acts out in the park, but it's just not the same as it was in the old days.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post, Kim!!! Nostalgia, humor (old maid cards)...but with a bit of sadness knowing how this talented man died.
    Have a beautiful day, dear friend~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this post not only brought back some pleasant memories, the old maid cards gave me a chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post! Old maid cards! LOL! Funny!

    ReplyDelete