We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, May 01, 2018

A Beltane post

Blessed Beltane everyone and a very gorgeous one at that it is today! The sun is shining bright, the fire god Bel is definitely making His appearance and I will be celebrating solitary-style a little later on this afternoon.

Yesterday as you know was my last official work day and one thing I must say is that I had the opportunity to meet and become friends with some very wonderful co-workers over the past 13 1/2 years. One of them baked a special cake for me called, "Pineapple Better Than Sex Cake." Now, I have never really been a big fan of pineapples, but this cake is DELICIOUS indeed! So, I thought that I would share the recipe with all of you as well. Besides, it seemed a bit appropriate given the sabbat celebration. Enjoy!!



Pineapple Better Than Sex Cake.

(Cook time: 40 Min  Prep time: 10 Min  Serves: 10 to 12)
Ingredients
1 pkg yellow cake mix, baked accord to pkg directions .....baked in a 9x13 inch cake pan
2/3 c sugar
1 can(s) 20 oz. crushed pineapple, undrained
1 large box of vanilla pudding mix, not instant
1 medium tub of cool whip
1 pkg flaked coconut

Directions
1. Take cake out of the oven and punch holes in the top using a skewer or toothpick
2. Mix pineapple & sugar and pour over cake.
3. Cook the vanilla pudding according to package directions. and pour over pineapple..
4. Chill in refrigerator. Just before serving, top with Cool Whip and sprinkle with coconut.

 ****************************************

3 comments:

  1. The sun was beaming into the windows so brightly this morning. What a wonderful feeling. Oh my goodness, that cake. It looks so yummy. Thanks for the recipe. Will definitely try making it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beautiful day, indeed. Thoughtful of your co-worker to honor you with a cake. I've had and made a Better Than Sex Chocolate cake. Too bad Himself doesn't like coconut because that pineapple cake would make a great warm weather treat. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beltane Blessings Kim! I hope you're doing ok?? Thinking of you! Thank you for the recipe! I love pineapple! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete