We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Throwback Thursday

Happy Thursday everyone! Those of you who have been following my blog for some time now already know that I used to sing in a band a few years back ... 

A rare photo of me singing at a karaoke - "All That Jazz" (from the musical "Chicago") Bebe Neuwirth style!

However, I am not the only one in my family drawn to music and performing. My brother has played the trumpet since he was about 10 years old and my cousin Sean has been singing both in local bands and various musicals since the '90s. He has sung in such shows as "West Side Story" (Tony), "Chess," "Jesus Christ Superstar" (Jesus"), "Sunday in the Park with George," "Secret Garden," just to name a few. The following pics were taken during a rehearsal for "Evita" when he played and sang the role of  antagonist and narrator Che Guevara. The bottom pic is of my brother playing in the pit for that same show. He is the one at the bottom right in the white shirt ...

"Oh What a Circus"
From Sean's "Evita" performance at Ephrata Playhouse in the Park show)
Of course, "Evita" has always been one of my all-time favorite musicals and Patti Lupone is THE BEST of all of them - an appropriately strong voice for a strong woman indeed IMO!! Oh yes, and Mandy Patinkin (Che) can sing to ME anytime - what a gorgeous voice that man STILL has!! Hope you enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. So much talent in one family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting post! It's so rewarding and satisfying to be able to share your singing talents - and you're fortunate to have a musical family.

    I hope you'll eventually be able to post some of your singing recordings on your blog - although it's not always an easy task. YouTube might be the "easiest" way - but if you only have audio recordings you'll have to use some visuals (photos, etc.)on the video.
    I sometimes use SoundCloud for my piano recordings, but it's a little more complicated (my technical knowledge is severely limited).

    Strangely enough, no one in my family was musical except my mother, who was a brilliant pianist (far better than me). I also had a grandfather who played violin but he died when I was two yrs. old.

    BTW - Mandy Patinkin is such a unique and talented singer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jon, thank you so much for your kind words. Actually, I do not understand how to post on YouTube either, but perhaps I will try. You are so right about it being a "task" just to attempt sharing my recordings here on my blog. However, a couple of my blogger friends had wanted to know what I sounded like, so I agreed to have my husband burn a CD on his computer and I sent it to them. There is no reason I could not do the same for you if you like? Your address would of course be private and I would never share it with anyone else. My personal email is: Ladycaer1964@yahoo.com. If you email me your address, I would be more than happy to send a CD to you. :)

      Delete