We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, September 27, 2020

And so it begins ... (first post for today)

Happy Sunday all! Yesterday it was a humid and rainy Fall day. My sister Aurora Skye and I ventured out for a bit of shopping and a nice lunch. One of the places we frequented was the cool shop located just down the road from where I live called, "The Mint Leaf" ...


The Mint Leaf is one of the businesses that was actaully "allowed" to stay open all along due to the fact that they sell bath and wellness products.

Among a few of the other items they sell are (all handmade by small local businesses - I truly LOVE that!) are clothing, jewelry, crafts/decorations, desserts, soaps, shampoos, etc. These are some of the awesome things I purchased while there ...

A decorative Halloween pillow.

A tie dye dress.
These pretty earrings.

There is also another store owned and operated by The Mint Leaf called, "The Stinkleberry" which was all appropriately decorated with pumpkins, scarecrows and such for the season ...
Aurora having some fun with the cute scarecrow!

The special handmade soaps which I bought. The Halloween gel soaps are adorning my bathroom.

We also decided to stop off at our local "Barnes & Noble" bookstore where I picked up a couple of new books ...



We had lunch our favorite establishment - "Flanagan's Pub" ...

"Cheers!" to Mabon and the Autumn Equinox!!

We shared some delicious Philly Cheesesteak eggrolls ... 💓

After we got back from shopping, we had some of Chef Jesenia's pumpkin spice whoopie pies and her strawberry swirl cheescake ... fabulous!


Every year, Aurora brings me a few of her beautiful pumpkins which she grows in her own backyard ... LOVE THEM!! 💕


Miss Ginger getting some lovin' from her Auntie Aurora ... 😻

A very special day indeed!

HAVE WONDERFUL DAY!! 💚💛💜

(Just an added note to my friends and followers:

Since the "new and sucky" Blogger has darkened my pathway, I CAN NO LONGER get my blog roll links to WORK so I have to try to look for a comment that one of you has already left on one of my posts and use YOUR link in order to get to your blogs! Anyway, if you have noticed that I have not been commenting on your blogs as of late, THAT is the reason why! 😖)

4 comments:

  1. It sounds like a perfect autumn day. You mentioned things that I love - - quaint shops with handmade items, bookstores, pumpkins and scarecrows, and good food.

    The dress and earrings are cute. The spooky soap is too nice to use...and that Halloween pillow is FANTASTIC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely day with your sis. I love poking in shops like that and all that delicious food. Especially those Philly Cheesesteak eggrolls. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your Blogger troubles are corrected soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CJ - I am trying but they do not make it easy for sure. lol!

      Delete