We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Saturday, September 08, 2012

An Invocation of the Triple Goddess and God


This is an easy little invocation of the Triple Goddess and Triple God, and it is one that I use for various rituals and meditations. All you need is:


One white, one red and one black candle to honor the Triple Goddess of Maiden, Mother and Crone. In addition, you will also need one yellow, one green and one gold candle to represent the Triple God of Lord, Father and King.

Start by lighting the Goddess candles while repeating the following words:

(white) ~ "Blessed be the Maiden, innocent and fresh."
(red)    ~  "Blessed be the Mother, fertile and loving." 
(black) ~ "Blessed be the Crone, powerful and wise!"
 
Then light the God candles and repeat as follows:

(yellow) ~ "Blessed be the Lord, gentle and kind."

(green)  ~ "Blessed be the Father, protective and warm."
(gold)   ~  "Blessed be the King, forever reborn!"

(You may, of course, wish to add your own names to fit your own tradition, etc. Just a suggestion, another good name to use in place of "King" is "Sage.")

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful !!!! Thank you very much. I love the pictures too ; )
    Loved your post on the cats blog, but couldn't comment.
    Hugs !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monique ~ Thanks! I wonder why you were unable to comment on my Witch Cats blog??? Strange ...

      Delete
  2. I am so going to have to theft part of this. The "Maiden, Mother, Crone" part is just what I have been looking for to go with my Goddess Rosary. I will do a post on the beads once I get them finished and all the prayers worked out. I fully plan on mentioning that I got the "Maiden, Mother, Crone" part from you. If its alright with you of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn ~ Please feel free to use any parts you like, my friend!

      Brightest Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much Kim ;o) I love the pictures, very beautiful ;o) Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete