We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Friday, September 05, 2014

Fun Ways to Use Mason Jars

Although Mason jars have always been primarily used for canning foods, we have found more creative uses for them these days! I just love these cool little jars and I have been having a bit of fun with them lately. Here are just a few of the things I have used them for ...


Soap Dispenser

Flower Vase

Catnip/Herbs Jar

And, of course, oil lamps ...


These beautiful jars can also be used to make candles and I have seen them sold at various places such as flea markets, festivals, and candle shoppes. Here is a handy little link on how to make your own candles out of Mason jars: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Mason-Jar-Candles.


Historically speaking, the Mason jar has been around since 1858 and was originally invented by a tinsmith from Philadelphia, PA named John Landis Mason. They are also known as Ball jars after the Ball Corporation who sold them mainly as fruit canning jars and glass canning in general.


They now come in many colorful assortments, including pastel, and remain a very popular collector's item which can be bought and sold at most antique stores and auctions as well ~ including e-Bay.

HAPPY CRAFTING!!

2 comments:

  1. Willow said ...Thank you!! I would put everything I own in a mason jar if I could make it fit, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! I love this post! You are so crafty Kim!
    Thanks for the great ideas ;o)

    ReplyDelete