We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hindsight ...

Recently I have come to the realization that the older I am getting, the more I tend to look back on my past.  You know, thinking a lot about the things that I would change if I could ~ and also the things in which I wouldn't.

But you know what they say about hindsight being twenty-twenty, right? Please don't get me wrong, I am not dwelling on the things I can never change about my life, just reflecting a lot lately. I don't know what it is about growing older that seems to force us to look at oursleves differently ~ atleast it has for me.  Perhaps it is because we seem to become a bit more sensitive or "mellowed out" with age, or even more likely it is just part of our natural life cycle in our Crone stage (or the Sage stage for men) which makes us  grow much more older and wiser through our personal experiences?

In any case, thinking that I should have turned left instead of right or taken the long way about instead of the short cut doesn't make much sense to me. In fact, all it does is make us go backward in our life rather than forward. All we can do is be the absolute best person we can be and make the best decisions we possibly can knowing what we know NOW. The rest is history and learning from it is the most important thing we can hope for ourslves and for others.

Blessed be to all ~

Kim
)O(


(image credit: Brett Witycyak from Ontario, Canada)

4 comments:

  1. Wise comments Kim ;o) I know somedays, I think about the past too, but would I change anything? I don't know? Those things made me the person I am today ;o) (Well, If I could go back, I might not waste the time I was engaged to a certain person! LOL!) Going forward, as you said, all we can do, is be the absolute best person we can be ;o)
    Big Hugs and Keep On Smiling ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stacy ~ You know it, sister!!! And you are spot on by saying that your life decisons have made you who you are today. And that is a wonderful, warm, kind-hearted and beautiful human being!

      Blessings & hugs to you,

      Kim

      Delete
  2. I feel the same way a lot Kim. But then I remember that I like who I am and where I am and if I could go back and change things, all of the things I love may change, too. And to me, that would be the worst thing that could happen. We learn from our mistakes, hopefully. Otherwise we are doomed to repeat them over and over. And you know what, I love the person you are! So don't change a thing!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willow ~ Diddo, my sister! Our lives probably would have turned out much differently and we more than likely would not have even met per chance?

    Many hugs,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete