We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Not the status quo



Status Quo: (n.) The existing condition or state of affairs; usual


Needless to say, I have been practicing Wicca and Paganism for a very long time. One thing that I have noticed about many non-pagans (and even some who are pagan) is the perception of who we are and what we believe in as a collective. Now, first of all just let me say that I have never been a fan of labels or generalizing anyone's personal convictions and/or personal beliefs. We are all individuals and as such we do not all think alike and we do not all have the exact same views on subjects such as our religion/faith, politics, family decisions, etc., etc.

Speaking only for myself, I am not completely liberal nor conservative. I am a little of both actually. I am somewhat liberal in some things in my life and somewhat conservative in others. I do not like, nor particularly wish to be, categorized as thinking like everyone else (Wiccan or other) just because the "majority" may think a particular way about something. 

I feel it is important that we all, as individuals, use our common sense and think for ourselves ... express our own views for our own personal reasons so long as those views do not impose on someone else's personal "rights." I do very strongly believe in both  The Wiccan Rede ("... and it harm none, do as you will") and The Threefold Law ("Ever mind the rule of three, What ye send out comes back to thee.")

To tell you the truth, I have never been what some may feel is the "status quo" in regards to anything in my life and my faith is most certainly no exception.

4 comments:

  1. The Wiccan Rede indeed is so general that permits everybody to worship almost his own way. So no labels are real in Wicca,
    no one can say "Wiccans do this and do not do that" and
    there are no strict rules and typical rites. Whoever sees SOME Wiccans doing a thing should not conclude the ALL Wiccans do the same. It 's not a Christianity with Books of written Masses and Rituals. Every Coven does DIFFERENT things and NO MORE THAN THREE covens can have the same leader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Kim! I agree with everything you said! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see your gods though your posts and writings.
    Brilliant! Keep up the good job <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Star Anise, welcome and thank you so much for your kind words. Many blessings to you!

      Delete