We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Thursday, July 04, 2019

What's new?

Greetings friends - I hope all is well with everyone. Things have been a real rollercoaster ride for me as of late ... as is usual with life it has been full of ups and downs especially since I lost my 14 year job and started a new one only a month ago. As I mentioned before, I have been struggling quite a bit (well, honestly A LOT) with grasping this job. Not only is it tedious, but precision work as well in which good vision is A MUST in order to succeed. Last week, my trainer spoke to my supervisor because she noticed how hard it was for me to actually see what I was supposed to be doing while assembling cataract surgery probes. I was diagnosed years ago when I was in my late twenties by my optometrist with amblyopia (lazy eye) and I have been wearing bifocals for my far-sightedness since my mid thirties as well. Long story short, I met with my trainer, my line lead and my supervisor and they understand that my problem is my eye sight with the fine work duties I must perform. So, my supervisor told me that I 'have a good work ethic' and since I 'was hired directly through the company (not their temp agency as was their usual procedure in the past) that I must 'have been hired for a reason' - so he agreed to try and work with me by putting me on a probe cutter machine which does all of the fine precision work for me and I just have to run it efficiently and productively. Well so far, I LOVE IT and have managed to be able to run both cutter machines at the same time and make my quota of 100 probes per hour. I am hopeful that it will continue to get better in the future. 🙏
This is what the eye probes look like after they have gone through all of the necessary procedures to make them. There are 27 gauge, 25 gauge and 23 gauge needles. 🔬

Moving on in other news ...

Enjoying a much needed day with my sister Aurora while having lunch at Flanagan's Pub last Sunday. We both got brand new eye glasses. 👩 👀

I am off work today for the holiday then back to work on Friday afternoon. No work this Saturday so I will be attending a family cookout with my mom. Hope everyone has a fun Fourth of July and be safe!

Ah yes, and just one more little thing ...

"Hey, hey Jimmy said the way you groove" ... I was added on Mr. Jimmy Sakurai's FB page as one of his top fan's of the week. I just love how in touch Jimmy is with his fans - he never fails to respond through replies to your comments, reactions, and chat on a daily basis, etc. 👄
You're Already a Top Fan
Nice work! Your top fan badge is already being displayed publicly. Top Fans update weekly, so stay active on this Page to keep your badge.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful that your supervisors were willing to find you something you can do in the company. What a great company to work for.I have had issues with eyesight since my 40s. I also have an eye that turns inward so I see double. Besides bifocals, I also have prisms in the lens to correct the double vision. I just got a new pair of glasses. Hope you get to enjoy the holiday and/or the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CJ - I wish you a great holiday as well! BTW, when my supervisor asked me to be honest and tell him if I am having a hard time seeing what I am working with, I told him the truth of course! I did not lie to get that job and I will not lie to keep it. :) Take care!!

      Delete
  2. Your employer is to be lauded for compassion and reassignment, and you for forthrightness. You have my admiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have such understanding supervisors. Hope everything gets better and better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marfi! So good to hear from you! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Kim, I am so happy your supervisor is great with you and I am so happy things are working out well!!! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pleased that you have such understanding supervisors, it sounds as if things are working out well for you :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete