We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Monday, April 27, 2020

Update on The Epler Schoolhouse


Greetings, friends! This post is an update to an older post I had published back in May of 2018 regarding The Epler School house built back in 1847. This schoolhouse has resided down the road from me for many, many years. More recently; however, this historic structure was to be relocated to a new home at the Berks County Heritage Center where excavation was set to begin a couple of weeks ago.

Sadly, I read an article in today's local news that due to the corona virus situation, State funding has been cut off in order to save this lovely historic school house and move it to its' new location as originally planned. The only way to save it now is to raise the $110,000 needed to prevent the Berks County officials from demolishing it. This breaks my heart because it IS a piece of my  County and State's history after all! I really do hope that this beautiful old school can be saved!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope it can be saved! That is so sad! What a gorgeous building with such history in it! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope it can be saved.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete