We are not human beings having a spiritual experience, we are spiritual beings having a human experience

Sunday, April 11, 2021

In Good Company

Yesterday while cleaning our family pet urns in the bedroom, I realized that I could not find the ashes for Sir Barney Charles whom I had cremated many years back when we lived in my old third floor apartment. I am one of those people who will tear the entire house apart looking for something I think that I am sure I that have.

I knew exactly what I was looking for. His ashes were placed in a very lovely little navy blue urn box which our vet had them put into from the animal crematory they used. 

It wasn't until I had a random FB chat with my sister Aurora Skye that I remembered that Sir Barney's ashes were buried in my mom's back yard in her Pet Cemetary adorned with a white picket fence around it. It is where all of our family's pets growing up at home (dogs mainly and my only cat as a kid) and my grandmother's pets are also buried. 

Back in those days, pet urns, especially NICE ones, were pretty much unheard of. For us, it did not seem as if good options were available or even an offered service by our vets until perhaps the mid-90's. Now, of course, there are all sorts of beautiful urns to choose from along with clay paw prints, ink paw prints, etc, etc. 

So, since I had already had a nice gold plated name plate engraved with his name on it, I decided to make use of it regardless. I used an old wooden square-shaped urn given to us years ago from a previous vet we used - after all, I took ALL of our fur babies ashes which have their own individual bags with their names marked on them that the vet's crematory marked with a gold marker and replaced the plain square urns with much fancier and prettier ones I ordered from Perfect Memorials website a couple of years ago. Thankfully, I still kept one the original boxes and I am now using it as Sir Barney's final urn.

Even though I do not have his ashes to place in it as he has already been placed in my mom's Pet Cemetary, I can still put a few beautiful old photos of him with the cats as well that we had at the time whom he loved to play with so much! 

I do have a pic of the urn which I took before we buried him. I will include it along with the other photos.
Maggie, Sir Barney, and Sabrina taken in my old apartment.

And, these are the urns that I purchased from Perfect Memorials and had specially engraved messages placed on them ...

Sabrina's.


Midnight's.

Haley's.

Kiki and Maggie's (box on the right).

Anyhow, I have no plans on disturbing his final resting place. Besides, I know that he is laid to rest in very good company. 

4 comments:

  1. Bittersweet post. The black cat in the basket urn is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a heartwarming and touching post. The monuments in remembrance of your feline babies are really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a touching post Kim! Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad Sir Barney Charles's urn has not disappeared, but has been buried.

    Your cats are very beautiful.
    Greetings.

    ReplyDelete